Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sick baby

Do you remember when I said that Christina is sick again but it is no big deal? Well, I guess I was wrong again. She has double Pneumonia. I can't believe it. Yesterday was like déjà vu going from the doctor's office to radiology to the pharmacy and then finally home.

We now have Christina on antibiotics, Tylenol and we also have a handy nebulizer at home. Some type of liquid medication goes into the nebulizer to produce this mist that Christina needs to inhale 3-4 times a day. Every time we turn it on, we have to fight to get her to inhale the stuff. She keeps turning her head back and forth to escape the evil vapor. Not to mention, I think I am inhaling more of the stuff than she is. Last night I'm pretty sure it made me dizzy and just gave me an overall icky feeling. Plus it makes an incredibly loud noise and it is impossible not to get the mist in your eyes while using it. No wonder Christina doesn't like it.

Other than the dislike for the vapor producing machine, Christina seems to be handling her sickness very well. Just like last time, she likes to charm the doctor's into thinking that she isn't sick. But, her smiles do not hide her runny nose, sneezing and coughing fits, fever, or the horrible sound that comes from her every time she breathes.

I bet daycare doesn't mind that she is going to be out all week. They get paid whether she is there or not. Work, on the other hand . . . not so happy that Christina is sick again. That means that Mommy has to stay home all week. So on top of caring for a sick baby and trying to get myself healthy, I get the added guilt of not being at work. It's just great.

I'm sure it isn't a coincidence that Christina started daycare two weeks ago and now she is sick. Did I tell you that all of the babies at daycare have runny noses? They are all coughing and sneezing and generally spreading all of their lovely germs around. It's great (sense the sarcasm).

People tell me that Christina's immune system will be stronger when she is older because of all of this. I certainly hope they are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.