Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our five month old

Christina is five months old today and she has her third cold. Unfortunately, she caught it from her Mommy this time. I've been sick for a few days now, but I'm starting to feel better. Christina is still her happy self, but she is congested. I think she'll be just fine.

I can't believe that five months have passed so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant. As easily as I can remember giving birth, I still can't actually grasp the concept that I did it. It's crazy, I had a baby. Christina is so real and so right in my life, but the concept of delivering a baby is still so foreign to me. I'm weird, right? It doesn't make sense I guess.

But, I am so happy to remember those first few days with Christina and remember how she has grown and changed, and yet she is still just a baby. She still can't walk or talk and she can't even eat real food. She will change so much more as time goes by that it seems weird to think about how much she has changed so far. I wonder if I'll remember in detail how she was at two months old when she is two years old. Small steps will turn into much bigger one's I guess.

I still look at her on most mornings and think "Wow, she is getting so big." And yet, she is still so small. I can scoop her up so easily and cuddle her close to my heart. Thank goodness for that. I am excited for her to start crawling and being more independent, but I don't look forward to the time when she will always want to be put down. I don't look forward to her being over the cuddling. Hopefully breastfeeding will help keep some cuddling time on the table every day. She'll have to eat right?

Anyway, Happy five months old Christina! You are so perfect in every way, Mommy and Daddy love you dearly!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, sometimes I still don't think she is real! haha That doesn't sound like it makes sense but I am sure you know what I mean. I am so sad that I am away at school and can't see her as often as I did over my winterbreak and I realllllyyyy miss cuddle with her on your couch!!!!!! :( give her some extra smooches from Aunt Rachel. love you all!!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.