Monday, July 20, 2009

Family Leave

New Jersey passed this great law that allows me to take an additional six weeks off with my daughter. The deal is, you can take six weeks off of work (with partial pay) to bond with your newborn up to a year old. This brand new law was available to new Moms as of July 1st. Since Christina turns a year old at the end of August, I just make the cut.

So, today is my first day off on Family Leave. How awesome is it that I get to take six whole weeks off of work!? Also, since I'm not recovering from child birth and Christina is at an older age right now, this makes leave all that much more exciting. I won't be stuck in the house with a tiny fragile baby that is attached to me and nursing every couple of hours. This time around I can go out and do things with my little one. We can go to the park, the zoo, the pool. We can take Baby Music classes. And what is even better is that it is Summer. Perfect timing.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, Megan! You and Christina will have so much fun together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.