Thursday, June 16, 2011

Challenging week

I hate to be negative, but I have to say that this week has been very challenging.  Not only am I exhausted from the last few days, but I'm stressing out over the next couple of days.  First Gwen was sick, then CC was sick, and then another morning came and they both had a fever.  I couldn't go into work AT ALL this week.  And it isn't like it was a nice little vacation.  Being home with a sick kid or (shutter) two sick kids is like the exact opposite of a vacation.

This week has been filled with whiny kids, temper tantrums, multiple doctors appointments, fruitless efforts at trying to get work done while one or both kids try to get my attention, frustration over not being able to get the housework finished, exhaustion at the thought of trying to get everything done AND work on the party decorations for Saturday, and lets not forget stress related to the party in general.

This week I have been over worked, over tired and over stressed.  I feel like I'm being pulled in a million directions.  I want to take care of the girls and I want to work on the decorations for the party.  I don't want to do housework, but I know that it needs to be done.  I don't want to do work, but I need to get paid.  Multi tasking has always been my strong suit, so that helps, but now I can barely think straight just because of all the craziness this week.

I've also had a bit of bad luck this week.  Let's see . . . one of Gwen's hearing aids got lost; I lost my personal debit card and the debit card for our bills account along with our Costco card; an automatic payment for the IRS came out of our account even though we already paid them off with our last tax refund and that little IRS charge put us into over draft; and I discovered that we were out of pull ups just as I was about to dress CC for bed (she sleeps in pullups but wears underwear during the day).

So yeah, that is what my week has been like. How about you?

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog Megan. You write so well and of course about my favorite subjects. I never get tired of reading about Gwen and Christina. It is nice to get all the details since we don't get to see them enough. You should write a book someday.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.