Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Countdown to Gwen's First Birthday*

Gwen's first birthday is on Saturday.  I've been planning her party for a couple of months now.  As you may remember, we are doing an Alice in Wonderland theme.  I have put a lot of work into planning the party and making some of the decorations.  Take a sneak peak at what I have been up to:










I have lots of other ideas, but I'm not sure if I will get to them all.  I will make sure to take pictures the day of the party of course, but just in case I forget something, I'm trying to take pictures of everything as I make it.

Gwen has been sick for a few days, but luckily she is all better.  Now CC is sick, but I know she'll be just fine for the party.  3 more days until my baby is a year old!!!

And for a little fun, here are some memorable quotes from the original Alice in Wonderland (some I am incorporating into the party and some I am not). . .

"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

"Read the directions and directly you will be directed in the right direction."

"Curiouser and curiouser"

"Better read it first, for if one drinks much from a bottle marked "Poison", it's almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later."

"I'm afraid I can't explain myself, you see, because I'm not myself, you know."

"When I get home I shall write a book about this place... If I ever do get home."

"Of all the silly nonsense, this is the stupidest tea party I've ever been to in all my life."



*updated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.