Friday, November 9, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

While I was safe with my husband and children in Georgia, the state that I called home for much of my life was being ripped apart by Hurricane Sandy a couple of weeks ago.  Thank goodness all of my family was able to remain safe during this unbelievable storm, but I know there were many that were not that lucky. 

All of my family and friends were left without power and sadly, my father's home was destroyed.  The damage to homes and to New Jersey (as well as many other states) in general, is so great that it is going to take a very long time before things are back to normal.  There are still thousands without power.  It is so awful.

I will be thinking about my family and all of those that are still and will continue to struggle through the process of restoring their lives after this storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.