Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gobble Gobble


If I don't see or talk to you before Thursday, I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving. I am very excited that the holiday season has now started. It is wonderful to be able to share this season with my daughter. Of course she doesn't really know what is going on, but it still makes everything more magical to have her around. She already has lots of christmas outfits ready to go and I'm shopping for christmas presents although I know I probably shouldn't. It isn't like she will know one way or the other. But since she doesn't really have any toys yet and she is starting to get interested in them, I need to stock up.

I've also started on the Baby Einstein DVDs. Although I didn't want her watching TV (they say that children under 2 should not watch tv), she absolutely loves tv. Since she is trying to watch whatever I watch, I decided to put something on that is geared towards her. I put in my first Baby Einstein DVD (Thank you to Lina and Linzy who got me Baby Einstein gifts!). Christina loved it! It is the lullaby DVD and boy oh boy did it put her to sleep. Worked like a charm, lol.

Overall things have been going very well for our little family. Since I've started back at work, Christina has gotten into the habit of taking naps. And, the last couple of days she has been sleeping pretty well at night. I'm not going to get my hopes up on that one though, I know how it can change any day now. But, overall my little girl is very happy and so am I.

Now I don't know how well you remember CC when she was first born, but it is amazing how much she has changed. Her skin is no longer darker and olive toned like her Daddy's, but it is fair like mine. Her hair is thinning :-( but of course it is suppose to, and it will grow back. Her eyes have actually stayed the same and are the same color as mine.

The other day at the doctor's office I got to weigh her. She is now 11 pounds 4 ounces. She gained TWO WHOLE POUNDS in like three weeks, lol! That girl definitely loves her food like her Dad. She is getting so chunky now and it is so weird to look at a picture of her skinny little arms and legs compared to the chunky one's she has now. I am so relieved that she is no longer having weight gain issues and she is eating plenty and staying happy. Yay for Christina.


Take a look at some of the new pictures I've taken of her:












My Mom and I have this great system going. Every day that she can't be with Christina, I will take a picture and text message it to her. In return, whenever I am at work and my mom is watching CC, my mom will take a picture of her and send it to me. This is awesome because we both get to see her when we are missing her. I finally took all of those saved up pictures and put them on my computer, here are some of them:











Lastly, in honor of the family holiday's coming up, here are new family pictures. I hope to get many more over the next couple of months (because I'm still missing pictures with quite a few KEY people, ahem, I'm talking to YOU, lol)














1 comment:

  1. I want to chew on those chubby little legs! Only three more weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.