Saturday, June 30, 2012

The big reveal

Normally, most pregnant women have to wait until about 20 weeks along before their anatomy scan (ultra sound), which will likely reveal if the baby is a boy or a girl.  With Christina and Gwen, that is when I found out.  This time, I'm seeing a high risk doctor, since Gwen came early and we want to make sure this baby does not.  At my first appointment with the high risk doctor a couple of days ago, we were able to get a good look at the baby.  This baby was very active, wiggling all over and even waving to us.

Although everyone has been coming out of the woodworks telling me how much they want me to have a boy, I actually didn't care either way.  I can't really imagine having a boy, although I guess it would make sense to add one to our family.  Whichever way it goes (Baby Olivia or Baby Nik), waiting to find out was the hardest part! 

So . . . . .



I was THRILLED to be able to find out more than four weeks early this time. 


We are expecting another little Princess!! 



Yep, we are having another girl!  It is kind of amuzing to me actually.  I can only imagine what life is going to be like with a house full of girls.  Luckily, we have two great ones already, so I am very much looking forward to getting to know our new little one.

Now that we know we have Baby Olivia in my belly (not just a "baby"), it is time to tell Christina and Gwen.  My belly is growing faster than it ever did before and I think this is perfect timing to talk to the girls.  My Mom had a great idea that we should record ourselves telling the girls.  I didn't actually expect much of a reaction from them, but I was wrong.  Of course Gwen didn't understand or seem to care, but Christina was adorable.  I had my teenage sister, Mackenzie, record the reveal.  Take a look and make sure not to miss the ending.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.