Tuesday, June 12, 2012

In case you missed it on Facebook . . . .



Surprise! I've got a bun in the oven!

My due date is 12/12/12 which means that as of tomorrow, I am 14 weeks pregnant.  I have been home with morning sickness for the last two months, just as I was with my two little girls.  This time it hasn't been complete, non-stop hell like the girls put me through (5 weeks for CC and 10 weeks for Gwen), but the really bad nausea comes in waves and the rest of the time leaves me feeling just sick instead of - oh my god, I think I'm going to die!!  I remember my first trimester with Christina and also with Gwen was pure HELL.  This time, with a prescription of Zofran from my doctor and the ability to work from my bed (and maybe a little luck), I have been managing this time around without a huge fuss.  I have actually managed to get the girls ready for school every morning and get them ready for bed every night.  Of course I have been going to sleep at 8pm every night when they do, but hey, you do what you have to do.

In addition to morning sickness, this time around I have tons of aches and pains.  Much of the time I am super uncomfortable and have difficultly moving in bed or getting out of bed.  Hopefully that is just because I have not been up and about.  I'm sure spending 90% of your day in bed will do that to a person.  Yesterday was my first day back in the office and although I'm here in bed again today, I think it went well.

Instead of the morning sickness turning off like a light switch (which is what it did with the girls), it is slowly starting later and later in the day.  Now, I can pretty much expect that I won't feel sick until at least lunch time, maybe even as late as 5pm.  This is awesome except I have absolutely no energy to function normally even when I do feel ok.  I need to get back into my regular routine.

I can't wait until I can start enjoying summer with the girls.  I want to take them to the pool, to Six Flags, and start going back to storytime every other Saturday.  I want the girls to ride bikes outside and play with the water table from Grandma and Granddad.  Oh yes, and I want to potty train Gwen.  Can't wait!  . . . Yes, seriously.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.