Friday, November 16, 2007

I’m thankful this holiday season . . . let’s get off track a little

I don’t want to get too sappy here. That’s definitely not me. But, I feel like I have to recognize how lucky I am. My life is good. It isn’t the “I just won the lottery” good and I certainly could write a book on the crappy things about my life, but overall it really is good.

I’ve been struggling with finances for years now and as everyone knows, money problems really have a way of bringing a person down. I don’t know if this feeling is temporary or not, but I feel like right now money just doesn’t matter. The fact that I can even think those words right before Christmas is truly amazing, but it is true.

Even though I have an endless number of bills to pay, I have spent over a thousand dollars in vet bills in the last month alone, and I don’t know if I’ll ever get out of debt, I am still very happy with my life.

I think my husband was the last piece of the puzzle. Well, no, that isn’t exactly true. Our baby will be the last piece of the puzzle. That is, when we finally have one. We hope we won’t have to wait much longer. In the meantime, I am enjoying my wonderful husband, amazing family, great job, heart warming dogs, and very rewarding business. What more could a girl ask for?

Did I forget friends? Not exactly. It’s true that I have more than one friendship “on the rocks” at the moment. That really sucks. But, what can I do? I’ve tried to patch things up and it just hasn’t worked, so I’m moving on. I have two best friends that I love and trust enough to put my life in their hands. With them and a handful of other good friends, that’s really all I need right now.

I don’t know what has come over me. I’m normally a very pessimistic person and this is all way out of left field. Lately I just feel like if I don’t get this out, I’m going to loose it. So, here it is and I hope it lasts as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.