Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update on Christina

Christina is now two weeks old and I can tell you that she is still perfect. But I guess what Mom wouldn't say that, you know? Seriously though, she is just so adorable and sweet, and I love getting to know her more and more each day.

She makes the cutest little faces and it just amazes me that she is a little person. Sometimes when she is lying down, but still awake, she will kick out her arms and legs to wiggle around. She is extremely active (when she is awake, that is) and when she is happy like that I could just watch her forever.

On the other side, when she cries, it makes me so sad. Luckily she doesn't do much of that and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't change. She really only cries when she wants to be nursed and luckily I always have what she needs.

That does make it tough to do anything without her though. I'm pretty much cleared for showers and bathroom breaks, but other than that, CC has me on-call. I need to be available for her at all times. This means that when Nik and I ran out with her the other day to run errands, I ended up nursing her in the Walgreens parking lot. The week before that, it was the Walmart parking lot. Both times in the car of course.

Today we really pressed our luck though because we went to Macaroni Grill to eat with my Mom. It was the first time I've gone out to eat since I was pregnant and I was really looking forward to it.

We got a quiet table tucked away in the back of the restaurant in case I needed to nurse her while we were there. Turns out we didn't even get to order before Christina was demanding her food. I think I did a pretty good job in that situation though. I had a blanket covering everything and because of where I was sitting, the only person in the whole place that knew what I was doing (other than Nik and my Mom), was the waiter.

I think the waiter was cool with it, although he did spill half of Nik's appetizer into my Mom's water glass. But, I'm pretty sure that was just because he wasn't a very good waiter and he got nervous when he realized that he brought the wrong appetizer for me.

Overall, I think it went pretty well and now I'm signing off so that I can study CC's face a bit more. My little sleeping beauty needs some mommy time I think. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.