Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cranky Christina

After an entire week of antibiotics, and the nebulizer with Abuterol and steriods, Christina is doing much better. She has been very cranky the last couple of days though, which is due to lack of sleep. She can't sleep during the day, because the Abuterol and the steriods keep her wired. She does sleep at night though, thank goodness.

We have to continue the nebulizer treatments for another week after all of her symptoms are completely gone. So, even though Christina will be going back to daycare on Monday, I'm still going to have to figure out how to do the nebulizer three times a day. I think by tomorrow all of her symptoms will be gone. Today she doesn’t even seem sick, although this morning I heard a little bit of wheezing.

Thank goodness I found a way to do the nebulizer at home without Christina crying the entire time. I put her in her swing, with Baby Einstein on the TV, and then I put the mask on her. She does pretty well. Most of the time she goes into a little trance and doesn't even move. Sometimes she keeps moving her head around, trying to get the mask to move so that she can get part of it in her mouth. It is quite funny actually. Occasionally she will cry through the treatment. I feel so bad for her when she does that. I will be happy when this is all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.