Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bumpy Ride

I have wanted to post for a long time now. First, I wanted to post about how I was still utterly miserable with morning sickness, but I was too sick to actually get to the computer. Then, a few weeks later, I wanted to post about how I thought things were getting better, but between feeling sick at night and being busy at work during the day, it just didn't happen. Since last week, I've been wanting to post about how I think I'm over the morning sickness, but again I've been crazy busy at work. I've been writing posts in my head for weeks while I was laying in bed at 8pm trying to go to sleep because I either was too sick to stay up any longer or I was just too exhausted. What a life I've had, lol.

So for about 10 weeks, I put off most of my life just to get by. It got to the point where I went to sleep when Christina went to sleep, I did as very little as possible at work, I didn't do anything social whatsoever, and I even put off paying bills and cleaning the house. I actually started getting use to being useless and I am now surprising myself with all of the normal things I can do again. It is exciting to be able to actually leave the house for something other than work. It is amazing how much I can get done. Funny how two months can make you forget the regular routines you use to have.

One really weird thing happened while I was incapacitated, I kept getting more and more pregnant! lol. I am 17 weeks pregnant now, SEVENTEEN WEEKS! How did that happen? I was so sick (from 6 weeks until 16 weeks pregnant) that the last thing I cared about was counting how far along I was. Since I'm still not showing because I've been playing catch up with my weight, it didn't really seem like I was getting more pregnant. Luckily, the little baby in my belly continued to grow and thrive, even while I was hugging the toilet day after day. Now, I can't believe in just three short weeks, not only will I be getting an ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby, but I will also be half way through my pregnancy. Wow.

2010 in general hasn't been so good to us, but I think we have gotten over the worst of it. In addition to my morning sickness, I got a stomach bug that was pretty nasty. Christina had a rough time with either one very persistent ear infection, or several ear infections one after the other. She got two molars in, which completely took me by surprise, and that was pretty hard on her. She has had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with my Mom and her Granddad, as well as her Daddy while I've been too sick to be entertaining. It has been nice to see how the bonds between them have grown, but at the same time it was sad knowing that I wanted to spend more time with her and couldn't. Thank goodness, that seems to be over and now we can both spend the time together that we have been wanting.

Speaking of Christina, she has been incredibly entertaining lately. I wish I could capture all of the amazing things that she does in video or picture, but now she seems to have a bit of an obsession with the camera. If I take it out, she immediately comes over to grab it and doesn't want to let it go. So, I have two options at that point, either I let her play with it or I refuse to let her hold on to it. Either way, the possibility of taking a picture of her in her element is gone. She'll either have the camera, or she'll be crying and reaching for the camera. My cell phone is a good option, but it is just too slow to get the right shots. Plus, Christina moves so fast that many times the pictures are blurry.

Ok, well I've gotta run. I hope everyone has a very Happy Valentine's Day! I'll try not to let so much time pass between posts from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.