Monday, April 14, 2008

Another three weeks

Unfortunately, I had to reschedule the Big Ultrasound. I am very disappointed and sad, but it had to be done. Nik had a work conflict on April 24th and there was no way of getting around it. Going without my husband for such a huge event in my pregnancy, was not an option.

I was hoping to jump into someone's canceled appointment and actually go this week, but the hospital didn't seem to want to work with me on the whole "if there are cancelations, I'd like an earlier appointment please". They didn't even check for cancelations, they just kept telling me that they are booked.

So, I was stuck moving my date into May and, because of work conflicts, the earliest we can get there is May 7th. That means I have yet another three weeks to wait.

I feel like it's forever three weeks to go. When I was 15 weeks pregnant, I thought I only had three weeks to go because I know that most doctors schedule the appointment at 18 weeks. But, no, my doctor wanted me to go in at 20 weeks.

So, at 17 weeks I thought I'd only have three weeks to go. But, my doctor made me wait until I was 18 weeks to even schedule the appointment. Since the hospital was booked, I couldn't schedule it for two weeks later (when I would be 20 weeks pregnant), I had to schedule it for three weeks later. Another three weeks to wait.

And now, well you know the story by now. Three more weeks. :-(

1 comment:

  1. aw i cant believe you have to wait even longer... that sucks. hopefully time will fly by!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.