Wednesday, April 30, 2008

6 Months

On Friday, I will be considered 6 months pregnant. This is confusing because I'll only be 22 weeks along . . you do the math :-) Nik thinks I just can't count, but I swear, this whole counting how far along you are doesn't make sense to me either. I'm not just making it up though, I've read it all over the place.

First off, they considered me two weeks pregnant before the baby was even conceived, so that is weird in itself. But also, I actually have to look at a silly chart to find out how many months pregnant I am. I can't just go by when I got pregnant and how many months it's been since. If I did, I wouldn't even be 5 months pregnant at this point. The official breakdown chart says that from 22 weeks to 26 weeks, I am considered 6 months pregnant. So, as confusing as that is, I'll take it.

The baby is now approximately weighing in at one pound and is about eight inches long. Very exciting! I'm feeling movement all over the place and lots of kicks. Nik even got to feel the baby kick a couple of days ago. Although I have to say, he didn't seem too thrilled. I bet when he can see the kicking by just looking at my stomach, he will be amazed . . . and maybe a little freaked out, lol.

I've got another doctor's appointment today and then next Wednesday is the big day!! I will FINALLY find out the gender of the baby. Please Baby Kalos, don't be shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.