Friday, September 25, 2009

What's that Smell?

Well, Fall is practically here. No you won't be smelling the fresh cut grass, but when it gets chilly out, there is a distinct smell in the air. Is it dead leaves? Candy?  I don't know what it is, but Halloween is coming and for my family that means pumpkin picking, hayrides, maybe even a corn maze. I look forward to it every year.

Now that I have a daughter though, time seems to be moving so much faster and I can't help but think that winter will be here before I know it. I actually put on my to do list today "start Christmas spreadsheet". Yes, I am a dork and I create a spreadsheet every year of people I need to buy gifts for, what they might like and what I've bought them. I create a budget and I try to stick to it.

Anyway, last year for Christmas, Nik bought my gifts with just a day or two to spare. He picked out the Paris Hilton perfume even though he had no reason to believe that I would like it. I was thankful of course that he actually picked something out on his own, but I never tried it and it went back to the store a week or so later.

I haven't been able to stray from Britney Spears' Curious ever since it came out in 2004. Yes, I am a huge Britney Spears fan, and I'll admit, that is probably why I tried the perfume to begin with, but it is not why I continue to love it. It really smells great and I just can't bring myself to try something new, you know "Don't fix it if it ain't broke".

Nik loves the smell of Burberry perfume for women and I am ashamed to say I've never even heard of it, let alone tried it. Oh well, I guess I don't know what I'm missing. I think I'm more exclusive with my perfume whereas he has like 10 different bottles of cologne. One among them is Cool Water, which I personally love on a guy.

So, what does all of this perfume talk have to do with me? Uuumm, nothing really, but I came across this website I wanted to talk about- http://www.scent.net/

They have basically every perfume you could ever want. In fact, I haven't even heard of many of them, that is how large the selection is. Did you know that there is such a thing as Jolly Rancher cologne? I mean, I love Jolly Ranchers, but who really wants to smell like them?

And hey, did you notice that the "Burberry" for women cologne is right on the front page? I guess I've been in mommyland and haven't been hip on the new scents. Is it even a new scent or have I been out of the loop longer than I realized?

What about the cologne's that have dirty names at the top of the page? Has anyone ever heard of them? Well, have fun perusing the site and yes, I promise, the next post will be an update on the prettiest girl in all the land!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.