Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Standing Tall

Over the weekend, Christina took her first steps.

I don't think it officially counts though since she didn't actually mean to take them. Nik was holding onto her hands and sort of running around the room with her. He would lift her up and make it seem like she was running over all of the couches and then back to the floor. (She was loving it). Then, he let her go and she just kept on walking by herself.

After a couple of steps she realized she wasn't holding onto Daddy's hands and then she sort of stumbled into a sitting position. I got to see it first hand, which was awesome. She was clearly walking. She had the strength and the balance - but not the confidence. It is only a matter of time.

In fact, the very next day I saw her practicing trying to stand up without holding on to anything. She kept practicing over and over again, getting half way up and then sitting down again.

On Saturday, while we were at my Mom's house to celebrate her birthday, Christina decided to give Grandma a wonderful birthday present. Even though she was wearing slippery tights, she was able to stand all the way up on her own. Then she did it again and she continued to do it over and over again. It was so cute and so exciting. She loved it and was so proud of herself for being able to do it.

Nik and I got to see it first hand. We were so excited. We would stay as quiet as possible as she stood up, and then once she sat back down we would applaud and tell her what a good job she did.

After she had stood up about six times or so I finally realized that I should have had my video
camera going! Duh!! I didn't have it at my Mom's house, but I did have my digital camera, which can take video. So I ran to grab it and I caught this, it isn't the best, but it is something:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.