Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy December

It is finally getting cold here in Georgia. Even though it is delayed about two months longer than I am use to, I'm still not ready. Don't get me wrong, I love the holiday season and the crisp cool air, but I don't like to be cold. Having a fire place in our new house is awesome though. When I turn off the lights and all you see is the fire and the Christmas lights on the tree, it really is a beautiful sight. I am so in love with our new house and feel so lucky that we have it.

When we moved here, I didn't realize that tornadoes were more common here than in New Jersey. I was never afraid of tornadoes. In fact, I was always really curious about them. I guess it is easy not to be afraid of something that you never see or experience. Since we have relocated, we have had a few tornado warnings and a tornado watch. I didn't think it bothered me, but I guess my subconscious felt otherwise. I had a really awful dream the night before last that really shook me. I don't want to give the details because even thinking them makes me feel really uneasy. Let's just say that I saw five tornadoes first hand, right in front of my eyes, and the devastation afterwards was nothing short of heart break.

Hopefully this uneasiness will pass. Now moving on to happier things, let’s talk about the two cutest little girls in the world (that is what you come here to read about, right?).

The girls are the best of friends and really enjoy spending time together. They are usually very caring towards each other, but of course CC doesn't quite get it that Gwen doesn't understand certain things. For example, if Christina is hugging all over Gwen and Gwen is getting excited and wiggling around, she might grab CC with her hands and dig her nails into her skin. Christina doesn't like that (as you might suspect) and will proceed to tell her sister that she is "not nice". Gwen with a smile just looks up at her big sister and giggles.

Oh yes, she giggles now. I give her raspberries on her tummy and she goes wild. And speaking of new developments, she rolls over like crazy now. She rolled over for the first time on 11/10 from her back to her belly. The first three times she did it, I missed it! I was so disappointed. After that third time I was determined to see it, so I carried her around with me until I was ready to just sit and watch her. Nik came home, I put her down on her back and asked her nicely to "roll over missy". Guess what? She did. Yay!

Gwen is still camera shy though. Whenever she is doing something utterly adorable I grab the video camera and it is like a deer in headlights. Christina is just as bad except she purposely turns away from the camera just to be a little smarty-pants. That isn't to say that I don't have a ton of pictures of my girls. Ok, so half of them are of the back of CC's head, but still, lol.

I've got much more to say and many pictures to share, but 'tis the season to be busy, so I gotta run!

Have a happy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.