Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Happy December

December is a good month . . . holiday shopping, Christmas music, cool weather, and if we are lucky we will get just enough snow to enjoy it and not to dread it (in NJ).

I am so happy to be spending this time with my little Christina. We have been listening to Christmas music and watching the Baby Einstein Santa DVD. I can't wait to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer with her. Nik and I already watched part of Elf with Christina. Holiday movies are the best, aren't they? Of course Christina doesn't know what she is watching, but we like the movies, so it is fun to share them with her.

One of my favorites is Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Clause. I am sooooo excited to watch that one this year because I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

I'm hoping to get the tree up at the end of the week, and then it will really feel like Christmas in our home. Christina seemed to really like looking at my Mom's Christmas tree, especially the lights. So it will be nice for her to have her own.

By the way, this morning Christina was so adorable and sweet. Actually, she is always in a good mood in the morning. When I was pregnant, I use to love to wake up and lay in bed for a few minutes, feeling her move around. It was the best way to start the day. But now, wow, I couldn't imagine starting the day any better. She is all smiles in the morning, happy as can be. In fact, last night she was cute as a button also. I'm so lucky that she is such a happy baby. She must get that from her Dad.

Oh, and she actually slept through the night last night!! It was amazing. I actually dreamed last night, because I slept long enough to have a dream. I haven't done that in a really long time!!

The only down side to our achievement last night, was that Christina was in bed with me and Nik. Now if I can just get her to sleep through the night in her crib, we would be all set. I'm so proud of her though. This is definitely a big step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.