Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Britney, Germs, Georgia and More

So much has happened since I last posted. Let me try to recap.

The Britney concert was awesome even though she totally wasn't into it. She seemed to really distance herself from the crowd and just didn't seem like the old Britney. But, the show was still amazing and I had a great time.

A couple of weeks ago, a baby at CC's daycare had a fever of 102. The very next day, Christina woke up sick . . . surprise! By that night, I was sick too. This time it was just a cold, but this is the first time that CC was actually miserable while sick. Normally, it doesn't seem to affect her spirits, unfortunately this time it got to her. Getting a smile out of her was pretty much impossible, and if you know her, you probably don’t even believe that. Sadly, it is true.

We had four doctor visits, one trip to the ER, and a trip to the Children’s Hospital of Morristown. After antibiotics, oral steroids, inhalers, eye drops, and vitamins . . . oh, and about two weeks . . . Christina is finally better. In a couple of weeks she has a follow up appointment with the Pulmonologist at the Children’s Hospital and a weight check with the Pediatrician since she lost weight while she was sick. She will also be doing a sweat test at the hospital, to check for Cystic Fibrosis. It is just a precaution. And no, I don’t know what a sweat test is, but I’ll fill you in after it is done.

All of this time with Christina meant time away from work for me. All I can say is thank goodness that I have a flexible job, an understanding boss, and the ability to work from home. On the days when things were really bad, or we were at the hospital all day, I just didn’t work. It gave me a knot in my stomach thinking about neglecting work, but I had to do it. When possible, I worked from home just to get the minimum work completed.

We had layoffs last week and somehow I managed to avoid that one. It helps knowing that I am extremely valued and needed here. Sometimes it is so hard though and I feel so guilty when I have to stay out of work this day and then that day, for whatever reason. I guess if I did lose my job though, at least I would have more time with Christina.

Speaking of CC . . . since she has gotten sick three times in three months and all three times she had problems with wheezing, the doctors are trying to figure out if she has the kid version of Asthma. I believe it is called reactive airways disease. It is different from Asthma only because children can often grow out of it, but an adult can not. From now until her follow up appointment at the Children’s Hospital, Christina still has to use the inhaler twice a day. It is so much better than the nebulizer though, so that is a relief.

On the germ front, I am still battling my cold, which is why I haven’t posted lately. I have just felt too under the weather to get to it. Everything gets pretty chaotic when Christina and I are both sick. The house usually takes the brunt of it, and believe me when I tell you that you do not want to see my house. Well, it actually has improved significantly over the last couple of days. But, last week, oh goodness – I didn’t even want to live there. And if I have it my way, I won’t live there much longer!

We aren’t going to be able to sell our condo, like we had hoped. The market just sucks too bad right now that there is no way. But, there is a good chance that Nik is getting a transfer to Georgia, and so we decided to rent out our condo. There are still lots of details to figure out. I’ll have to try to get a transfer also, and when we find renters, then we will have to start looking for a house in Georgia. But, overall I am very excited!

I can’t wait till we have our own house with room to stretch our legs. I want Christina to have space to move around and play. I want the dogs to have a backyard to run around. I want to baby proof a new house instead of finding ways to fix old problems in our current condo. I want Christina to learn to walk in a house where it is safe and there is room to explore. I am excited to live near my best friend, my sister, a bunch of my cousins, and other friends from Jersey that have moved.

And on the other hand, it is going to be really really sad to leave my family here – especially my Mom. I know my little sister Mackenzie is going to take it really hard as well. I could never move away from them if I didn’t already have family and friends in Georgia. Thank goodness for that, because I really don’t want to be stuck in Jersey forever. Now I just have to figure out a way to get the rest of my family out of Jersey too, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.