Saturday, June 13, 2009

I guess she is just creative

If you have kids and breastfed, did your baby ever make up his or her own nursing positions?

No matter how much I google, I still only see the standard nursing positions: cradle, cross cradle, football hold, and side lying. And yet, someone must have forgotten to tell Christina this because she seems to have made up her own positions.

My little wild child is too antsy and anxious to stick to the very mellow nursing positions that are standard. When I try to nurse her in the cradle position, she is always trying to sit up, turn around, and look to see what she could possibly be missing out on elsewhere. To remedy this (or at least to help a little), she has decided to nurse sitting up.

So, her new nursing position is to sit up in my lap, facing me. She will then bend over slightly so that she can nurse. This gives her the opportunity to stop at any second and look around the room. It isn't the most comfortable position for either of us and it certainly is not a relaxing position, but this is what she wants.

She has also put a spin on the side lying position. Now this one is really amusing! Not only will she nurse laying down on her back, her side or even her stomach but in addition, she sometimes likes to nurse while she is on all fours! She'll get up like she is going to crawl away, and then dive bomb into my breast. It is very weird, lol.

This little girl is so active, I doubt she'll want to continue nursing much longer. She acts like I'm trying to rope her in and strap her down. She wants to be free to roam around and look at whatever she wants.

So tell me I'm not the only one. Has anyone else had a child that made up his or her own nursing positions? It is too funny that she does this and so very weird at the same time, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.