Sunday, March 28, 2010

Phoenix, Arizona

While NIk is taking a random nap at 9:15 a.m. (Arizona time), I thought I would take this opportunity to write a little. Tell me, why is that this time around I feel like a pregnant woman is restricted from doing just about everything? The first time around I didn't feel like I missed out on much. I didn't drink, and I couldn't go on some of the rides when we went to Universal Studios, but that is pretty much it. I guess being away on vacation and in a place that I have never been to before, my restrictions are more obvious.

Since I did absolutely zero pre-planning for this trip (soooo not like me), I have been researching since 7am trying to figure out what we should do today. Since Nik booked the trip and it was specifically for Wrestlemania, I didn't really get interested in planning anything else. Plus, I was just way too busy at work anyway.

So . . . I'm searching about everything that Arizona has to offer and I find that I can't take part in most of it. Actually, half of it is because Nik is just a huge P.I.T.A and doesn't want to do many of the things I want to do, but also because I'm pregnant so I can't do several of the activities.

Let's see,
-museums and anything historic are out because Nik would be bored to tears.
-Anything outdoors he isn't interested in but I really would love to go hiking, unfortunately I can't because I'm pregnant and I'm not suppose to do physical activity that is above and beyond what I'm use to.
-The hot air balloon over the desert sounds awesome, but no, Nik is afraid of that.
-I'd love to go to the spa but I can't do the sauna, the jacuzzi, body wraps, etc. all because of little Gwen that can't get heated up in my belly here.
-There is an amuzement park (which I'm not all that interested in anyway), where I wouldn't be able to go on any of the rollercoasters or some of the other rides.
-There is paintball, but nope that is out because of my precious bundle in my belly.
-So far the food here sucks, so I'm not all that interested in restaurants and
-it seems like the shopping is very blah except for the high end area which I'm not interested in anyway.
-We can't go to any nightclubs because Nik doesn't have the proper shoes, plus of course I can't drink so the night would mostly end up with me just taking care of drunk Nik (not that fun in my book).
-Oh, they also have horseback riding which I would love, but can't, again because I'm pregnant.
-There are a couple of awesome drives through the area that are suppose to be beautiful and have really cool windy roads, but Nik is nervous to do that with a rental car that we are not familiar with. I think we will probably end up doing that one anyway though.

Overall, I sound like a pretty big downer huh? Really everything is fine though, we are basically only here for today because we have to leave the hotel at like 5AM tomorrow. Since Wrestlemania will be for like 6 plus hours tonight, we don't have much time to do other things anyway. I'm thinking that we should take one of those drives, then go out to lunch, head to Wrestlemania, and then afterwards, go to a bar/restaurant near the stadium, then head back to the hotel. I think I found a nice restaurants with a fun environment for lunch and there are a few places within walking distance that we could choose from for dinner, so I guess it will be ok.

So far the scenary is beautiful and the weather is warm. That is a good start. I won't even tell you how yesterday was pretty awful. I'll have to give you a full report on that another time. Gotta run! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.