Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!

Tomorrow morning I go for my BIG ultrasound. It is known as the BIG ultrasound because this is the one that hopefully will show us whether we are having a boy or a girl. I still can't believe I'm far enough along to be getting this ultrasound.

I have been feeling the baby move lately and that makes me even more excited for the ultrasound. I can't wait to see the little one! I know I never posted a picture of my last ultrasound (sorry!), but hopefully I will post that one and the new one by the end of the week.

The last ultrasound the baby wasn't moving that much. This was very different from the first ultrasound with Christina. She was bouncing around. She also sat up and put her arms in the air like she was showing me her muscles. This baby doesn't seem as roudy, but we'll see if that changes.

I'm soooo interested to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl because of how different this pregnancy has been from my first. Last time I had morning sickness for 5 weeks, this time I had it for 10 weeks. Last time I started gaining weight immediately and even though I wasn't "showing" until my fourth or fifth month, I was still bigger than I am this time around. This time I was loosing weight for so long, I've finally hit my pre-pregnancy weight. Last time when the morning sickness ended, I was feeling great. I had back pain towards the end, but it wasn't bad. This time I've got all sorts of complaints (I say complaints instead of symptoms because Nik always says I just complain too much - thx Nik). Among the one's I've already mentioned (headaches, back pain, etc), I've also had indigestion and heart palpatations. In fact, I've had heart palpatations with shortness of breath almost everyday. I had occassional heart palpatations the first time, but nothing like this.

If I'm having a boy, this will all seem to make sense to me. If I'm having a girl, then who knows! I know "they" say that every pregnancy is different, but I still feel like I need some explaination as to why my pregnancies are so different.

If I'm having a boy, it will be pretty cool because it seems like more of a new experience. If I'm having a girl, it will be exciting thinking we'll have another little princess. Of course, as with every pregnancy being different, I know that every child is different. I could have a girl that is the complete opposite of Christina. I could have a boy that is just like Christina. Anything is possible. But of course I can't help but pretend I have some control over this whole thing. Well, I guess control is the wrong word, I guess I'd like to pretend that I know what to expect. (Let's not even think about how crazy things are going to be around here just from having two children - no matter what sex they are)

When it comes down to it, finding out the sex of the baby really only means two things. One - I can expect to know which name we are going to use (Nikolaos or Gwendolyn) and Two - I can expect to either buy a whole bunch of clothes and baby related "stuff" or I can pull everything out of storage.

Ok, so now that I've been rambling for several paragraphs, I'm going to leave you with this - with my luck, the baby probably won't even show us the goods and then I'll be back where I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.