Thursday, May 22, 2008

Daycare

Officially, Nik and I are dragging our feet on the whole pick-a-daycare thing. It is looking like we are going to have to send Christina to daycare three days a week once I start going back to work full time. This is not something we are looking forward to. In fact, we have always talked about me staying home with our children (even before we were married). But, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a possibility due to our finances.

I did come up with a possible way that we can avoid daycare though. It is a tentative game plan that would require a lot of flexibility from both of our work schedules. I don't know if it's possible. I don't know if our companies will go for it. I don't even know if, realistically, we will try to implement this plan. But, it's out there for us as an option. At least to make us feel better about the whole thing I guess.

In the meantime, we really need to be visiting and choosing a daycare - just in case. Because I'd say that the odds of us actually being able to keep Christina out of daycare altogether is slim to none. We are lucky that we are able to figure out a way to only send her for three days a week I guess. That is what I keep telling myself.

Yet, I am still not motivated to go look at daycares. Plus, the whole idea is weird to me. There are like fifteen of them in our little town and I don't know how to differentiate one from the other without going to visit. That is going to be hard work, especially when daycares are really only open during regular working hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.