Monday, August 4, 2008

Exactly One Month

Today is August 5th and if you remember correctly, my due date is September 5th. Can you believe it, I'm exactly one month away from my due date?!! It's crazy to think that 35 weeks of pregnancy have gone by. I know I've said it before, but it really seemed to fly by for me.

My little girl is already head down and apparently ready to go. Of course, who knows if she'll wiggle her way head up again. But, for now I'm happy to know that things are moving in the right direction.

Tomorrow I have a doctor’s appointment. Actually, from now on, I have a doctor’s appointment every Wednesday. At tomorrow's appointment I will have my first internal exam. That means that the doctor will check for the position of the baby and my progress (dilation and effacement). Of course I'm expecting her to say that I have had no progress, but either way I know that it doesn't really mean anything. Some people show no progress two days before the baby comes and others are dilated for weeks before the baby comes.

At my appointment tomorrow I think I'm going to have to talk to my doctor about my labor and delivery preferences. I've sort of been putting it off. I'm not 100% sure what I want, but I know that I need to have a discussion with her so that we are both on the same page. I'm hoping that she will give me advice and ultimately let me do what I prefer as long as it does not interfere with mine or the baby's health of course.

Other than the doctor’s appointment tomorrow, other things going on for me are that I picked the pediatrician (check!), and I met with another daycare today. I have to say the whole daycare search has not been going very well though. Daycare is just so expensive that it makes the whole process very frustrating. We previously found one that we loved, but since we can't afford it, we are still looking. So far, we haven't found any places that are significantly cheaper. Plus, they don't seem to be nearly as good as our first choice. So, it looks like we are going to be doing whatever we can to be able to afford to send Christina to our first choice daycare. It is going to be difficult, but I don't think we have any other choice.

Well, I think that's about it for now. I've been crazy busy at work lately trying to prepare for maternity leave and for our office move, so I'm pretty tired all of the time. I'll try to come back soon though and update you on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.