Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update

At my doctors appointment last Wednesday I had my first internal. It was not as bad as people make it out to be, not at all actually. It was very quick and easy. And, it turns out that I'm 1 cm dialated. That is pretty cool since I was definitely not expecting to be dialated at all. I am still measuring right on track, although I'm surprised at how much weight I've gained. I guess since it seems to be all in the belly though, it is ok. The baby's heartbeat was great and so was my blood pressure.

I had another doctor's appointment last night (they are now once a week), and the doctor did not do another internal. So, I don't know if I have dilated further or not, but I'm assuming not. I still have three more weeks to go and the baby has not dropped yet, so I'm not in a huge rush. Again my blood pressure was good and so was Christina's heartbeat rate. As of yesterday, I have gained a total of 35 pounds!! I'm shocked. I asked my doctor if she thinks I am gaining too much just in case, but she said that I am not. Since I am measuring on track, everything seems good.

In other news, Nik and I found a daycare that won't break the bank! We really like it and are so relieved that we will be able to afford it. Of course it will still take some major financial planning, but it doesn't scare us like the cost of the last one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.