Saturday, August 16, 2008

My to do list

As time is winding down (can you believe I'm full term already?), I realize that I still have quite a few things left to do. I feel pretty good about having the room practically ready for Christina, but there are still a couple of things that I want to do. I'm being held up because I never got the registry completion discounts from Target or Babies-r-us. Even though several people I know got them 2 weeks before the date on the registry listed as the "due date", and I had my date in as 8/1, I still have not gotten them. I'm waiting for those so that I can finish up my shopping, although if they don't come soon, I'm just going to have to shop without them. I could really use the coupons though, so I'm trying to hold out.

The things I have left to do in the room don't really need to be done before the baby gets here, but I would feel more comfortable if they were done anyway.

Two of the other huge things I need to do were being held up by those discounts also. I need to have my hospital bag packed and I need to have the car seats installed. For the hospital bag, I need a nursing bra and nursing tank, along with some other things from my registry for labor (massager, birthing ball, soothing sounds cd, etc). Before I can install the car seats, I need the car seat protectors and I registered for those as well.

Since I can technically go into labor at anytime, Nik and I decided that we could not wait on packing the hospital bag or installing the car seats any longer. So, I bought everything I need for the hospital bag, and I ordered the car seat protectors. Unfortunately, the car seat protectors were not sold in stores, so I ordered them online and I'm still waiting for them to arrive.

Now I have my hospital bag mostly packed, but I still have to add a few things. I would like to install the car seats asap, but of course I can't control when the protectors will arrive. So, I'll do that as soon as I can. In the worst case scenario, if I'm not done with the hospital bag and if the car seat protectors haven't arrived when I go into labor, I'll have to do without the rest of the items for the bag and the protectors. It won't be the end of the world, but it does make me a little nervous.

I'm also getting nervous about the fact that I haven't finished reading "What to expect when you're expecting", and I wasn't able to take my breastfeeding class. All of these things on my to do list have kept me up at night after my 4am bathroom break. Today, in fact, I just couldn't stop thinking about the other items I need to add to my hospital bag.

So much to do and so little time! Who knew that 9 months would fly by just like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.