Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Single Digits!

Only 9 days until my due date. Crazy huh? I only have two more days left of work and from that point on, one way or another, life as I know it will be very different. I am so excited. I can't wait to meet our little girl, to see what she looks like, to hold and snuggle her for the first time, and to take the first picture of her.

I have another doctors appointment today and I will find out what my progress is like. My mom is coming with me because Nik can't come. I know she is just as excited as I am to find out how things are coming along. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I know there is a huge chance that I'll still be one centimeter dialated, but how cool would it be if I was like 2 or 3?

I haven't felt any contractions so far. Usually by even 31 weeks pregnant, women start to feel braxton hicks contractions. They are like practice contractions to get your body ready. And at this point, I could even be having the real thing without going into labor, but I haven't noticed them either.

It is possible that I have had contractions and just don't know it. That would be wonderful! How great would it be if I was contracting and dialating and my body was getting ready for this baby, without even causing me any pain? It would be great, but not likely. I don't even know what contractions feel like, so it will be interesting when I finally do realize I'm having them. It won't be long now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Leave a comment for this post.